Monday, June 19, 2017

Silsila 3D images on Sketchfab!

Dear all,
the Gebel el Silsila Team is delighted to share with you some exciting new 3D-images viewable on Sketchfab.com.

The two published models mark the beginning of a new step in the project, aiming to share with the greater audience and our wonderful, supportive followers some of the unique reproductions of various (published) monuments on site.

We hope you will enjoy as much as we do!

Model 1: Scene of Goddess Taweret suckles the king, Gebel el Silsila West Bank

The relief is situated in the rock-cut temple dating to the 18th Dynasty, and more precisely to the time of Tutankhamun/Horemheb (around 1330 BC). It shows the king as a young boy, suckling the local goddess Taweret (often shown as a hippopotamus, but here as an elegant woman), witnessed by his godly protectors Amun, King of the Gods,  Khnum, god of birth, and Sobek, the local crocodile god and companion of Taweret. Through the divine milk, the king becomes superhuman and thus has the power necessary to interact with the gods and the sacred. This ritual seems to have been part of the crowning ceremonies.

overview of the southern scene, photo: Maria Nilsson


Model 2: Horemheb presenting offerings to Amun-Ra and Mut

This relief is located in the short passage between the main hall and the sanctuary, on the northern wall of the passage, in the rock-cut temple of the West Bank. It shows King Horemheb making an offering to the Theban gods, Amun-Ra and Mut. The figures and texts are sculptured in sunken relief, usually applied for outside decoration, but then everywhere after the Amarna period.

king offering to Amun-Ra and Mut, photo: Maria Nilsson


3D Photography, Modeling and anotations: Philippe Martinez, CNRS, Sorbonne Universités, philippe.martinez@upmc.fr

Digital models created with plexus, software by Kevin Cain (plexus-3d.com), kevin@insightdigital.org

3 comments:

  1. WHENEVER YOU OR YOUR LOVED ONES NEED A LOAN UPSTART LOAN IS THE BEST, TESTED AND TRUSTED. BEWARE OF RIPPERS ONLINE.( Email: upstartloan@yahoo.com or text/call +1(574) 301-1639 ).

    Good day, Out of my busy schedule just feel like to quickly share this because i know am going to save thousand of lives with this. A lot of persons will agree with me that fake loan lenders is no longer a news to us it has been trending for some months now and i was also victimized when i tried seeking for a loan for the invention of a new patent and invest on stock. After so many failed attempt to get a loan there was one company who proved themself to be different among the rest, They are trust worthy, straight forward, honest and reliable. I won't say much because as the saying goes "experience is the best teacher", I will candid advice anyone who need a loan of any amount to kindly contact this one and only true lenders UPSTART LOAN on their email address: ( upstartloan@yahoo.com ) Or you can as well text/call them on ( +1(574) 301-1639 ) . I remain my humble self Wesley Kurt Dwayne, I reside at Park Ave Richmond VA 23220. Say no more to be victim of scam enough is enough for the wise, Don't trust until you verified contact UPSTART LOAN now and be forever thankful for my advice.




    ReplyDelete
  2. WHEN I HAD NO HOPE AFTER LOOSING ALL MY SAVINGS, CHESTER BRIAN LOANS HELPED ME {brianloancompany0@gmail.com}
    Hi everyone, i am Chloe Raymond am so glade coming back to this great forum to testify about the help i received from Chester Brian. I was in desperate need of a loan in other to be free from debt and financial bondage that was place on me by my ex husband. It was really bad that i have to seek for help from Friends,family and even my bank but on one could assist me because my credit score was really bad. So i was browsing with my computer and saw some testimonies from people Chester Brian assisted with a loan, then i decided to contact him on his email BRIANLOANCOMPANY0@GMAIL.COM, then i received a mail from them and i did all that was asked from me. To my greatest surprise they transferred to my account the loan i requested and now i am so happy clearing my debt and have also started a business with the remaining amount to take care of myself and family. If you need a loan do contact the best loan lender of all time Chester Brian on his email: BRIANLOANCOMPANY0@GMAIL.COM or Call/Text +1(803) 373-2162

    ReplyDelete
  3. Celebrate this Christmas season with joy and gladness in your heart...

    I would like to bring this to the notice of the public about how i met Funding Circle Loan PLC after i lost my job and been denied loan by my bank and other financial institution due to my credit score. I could not pay my children's fees. I was behind on bills, about to be thrown out of the house due to my inability to pay my rent, It was during this period my kids were taken from me by foster care. Then i set out to seek for funds online where i lost $3,670 that i borrowed from friends which i was rip off by two companies. Until i was referred to Funding Circle Plc by a very good friend, so if truly you are in need of a loan i advise you contact this Godsent lender via Email: fundingcapitalplc@gmail.com OR Call/Text +14067326622 and be free from scam' Jennie Cortez by name from United State


    ReplyDelete